- Alcoholism (vitamin deficiency related to malnutrition)
- Antimetabolite therapy (the therapy inhibits vitamin B12 and folate)
- Liver disease (complex effect on RBCs that includes malnutrition, alterations in RBC shape and size, effects of chronic disease)
- Pernicious anemia (vitamin B12/folate anemia)
- Macrocytic anemias (related to increased hemoglobin or cell size)
- Spherocytosis (artifact in measurement caused by abnormal cell shape)
- Anemias with heterogeneous cell size as a result of hemoglobinopathy, hemolytic anemia, anemia following acute blood loss, iron-deficiency anemia, vitamin- and folate-deficiency anemia (related to a mixture of cell sizes as the bone marrow responds to the anemia and/or to a mixture of cell shapes due to cell fragmentation as a result of the disease)
- Iron-deficiency anemia (related to low hemoglobin)
- Thalassemias (related to low hemoglobin)
- Hypochromic anemias (related to low hemoglobin)
- Microcytic anemias (related to low hemoglobin)
- Iron-deficiency anemia (the amount of hemoglobin in the RBC is small relative to RBC size)
Complete Blood Count, RBC Indices has been found in Davis's Lab & Diagnostic Tests
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.