Nursing Central is the award-winning, complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the database with 5,000+ drugs or refer to 65,000+ dictionary terms. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
[L. involvere, to roll up, wrap]
1. A turning or rolling inward.
2. The reduction in size of the uterus after childbirth.
3. The retrogressive change in vital processes after their functions have been fulfilled, such as the change that follows the menopause.
4. A backward change.
5. The diminishing of an organ in vital power or in size.
6. In bacteriology, digression from the usual morphological type such as occurs in certain bacteria, esp. when grown under unfavorable conditions; degeneration.