To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. ordo, a row, series]
1. Instructions from a health care provider specifying patient treatment and care.
2. A directive mandating the delivery of specific patient care services.
3. An arrangement or sequence of events, rule, regulations, or procedures.
4. In biological classification, the main division inferior to a class, superior to a family.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Order." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/737083/all/standing_order.
Order. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/737083/all/standing_order. Accessed June 2, 2023.
Order. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/737083/all/standing_order
Order [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 02]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/737083/all/standing_order.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - order ID - 737083 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/737083/all/standing_order PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -