Tuning Fork Tests
Bing test, Rinne test, Schwabach test, Weber test.
To assess for and determine type of hearing loss.
There are no food, fluid, activity, or medication restrictions unless by medical direction.
- Normal air and bone conduction in both ears; no evidence of hearing loss
- Bing Test: Pulsating sound that gets louder and softer when the opening to the ear canal is alternately opened and closed (Note: This result, observed in patients with normal hearing, is also observed in patients with sensorineural hearing loss.)
- Rinne Test: Longer and louder tone heard by air conduction than by bone conduction (Note: This result, observed in patients with normal hearing, is also observed in patients with sensorineural hearing loss.)
- Schwabach Test: Same tone loudness heard equally long by the examiner and the patient
- Weber Test: Same tone loudness heard equally in both ears.
Critical Findings and Potential Interventions
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.