pl. sinusessinus [L., sinus, curve, hollow]
1. A recess.
2. A cavity with a narrow opening.
3. An endothelium-lined, air-filled cavity within a bone. When lay people speak of sinuses, they usually mean the paranasal sinuses.
4. An endothelium-lined channel for venous blood.
5. A channel leading to an abscess.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Sinus." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/729821/all/lymph_sinus.
Sinus. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/729821/all/lymph_sinus. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Sinus. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/729821/all/lymph_sinus
Sinus [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/729821/all/lymph_sinus.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - sinus ID - 729821 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/729821/all/lymph_sinus PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -