To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. The amount of radiation delivered or received over a given area or to the entire body or object.
2. Contact with an agent able to cause disease or injury, such as a bacterium or other contagious microbe; a chemical; an infected animal or person; or a physical agent, such as a radioactive source.
3. The making visible of a body part, e.g., in a surgical procedure.
4. The placing of an object or person in a particular environment, e.g., in warm or cold water.
5. The physical consequences of being outdoors for a long time, including lowered body temperature; damage to skin, muscles, or nerves; altered judgment; coma; or, in some instances, death.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Exposure." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/730675/3/exposure.
Exposure. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/730675/3/exposure. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Exposure. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/730675/3/exposure
Exposure [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/730675/3/exposure.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - exposure ID - 730675 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/730675/3/exposure PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -