Nursing Central is the award-winning, complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the database with 5,000+ drugs or refer to 65,000+ dictionary terms. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
[Gr. pyramis, a pyramid]
1. A solid on the base with three or more triangular sides that meet at an apex.
2. Any part of the body resembling a pyramid.
3. A compact bundle of nerve fibers in the medulla oblongata.
4. The petrous portion of the temporal bone.
5. In athletic training or physical therapy, any exercise program that begins with a brief or lightly loaded effort, builds progressively to longer or more heavily loaded exercises, and then decreases progressively to its short or light phase.