To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[Gr. pyramis, a pyramid]
1. A solid on the base with three or more triangular sides that meet at an apex.
2. Any part of the body resembling a pyramid.
3. A compact bundle of nerve fibers in the medulla oblongata.
4. The petrous portion of the temporal bone.
5. In athletic training or physical therapy, any exercise program that begins with a brief or lightly loaded effort, builds progressively to longer or more heavily loaded exercises, and then decreases progressively to its short or light phase.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Pyramid." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/731965/all/pyramid.
Pyramid. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/731965/all/pyramid. Accessed June 7, 2023.
Pyramid. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/731965/all/pyramid
Pyramid [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 07]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/731965/all/pyramid.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - pyramid ID - 731965 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/731965/all/pyramid PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -