To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. ligamentum, a band]
1. A band or sheet of strong fibrous connective tissue connecting the articular ends of bones, binding them together to limit motion.
2. A thickened portion or fold of peritoneum or mesentery that supports a visceral organ or connects it to another viscus.
3. A band of fibrous connective tissue connecting bones, cartilages, and other structures and serving to support or attach fascia or muscles.
4. A cordlike structure representing the vestigial remains of a fetal blood vessel.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Ligament." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733293/all/suspensory_ligament.
Ligament. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733293/all/suspensory_ligament. Accessed June 2, 2023.
Ligament. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733293/all/suspensory_ligament
Ligament [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 02]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733293/all/suspensory_ligament.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - ligament ID - 733293 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733293/all/suspensory_ligament PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -