To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. To move one foot in relation to the other, as in walking.
2. A series of rests for the foot, used for ascending or descending.
3. One half of a gait cycle.
4. A single movement or act within a sequence of behaviors necessary for completing a task.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Step." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/735555/1/step.
Step. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/735555/1/step. Accessed May 30, 2023.
Step. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/735555/1/step
Step [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 May 30]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/735555/1/step.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - step ID - 735555 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/735555/1/step PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -