To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[Italian proffilo, an outline]
1. An outline of the lateral view of an object, esp. the human head.
2. A summary, graph, or table presenting a subject's most notable characteristics.
3. A comprehensive history of the use of health care services.
SEE: practice profile
4. A battery of tests that provides an overview of a person’s health.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Profile." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738427/all/chemistry_profile.
Profile. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738427/all/chemistry_profile. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Profile. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738427/all/chemistry_profile
Profile [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738427/all/chemistry_profile.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - profile ID - 738427 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738427/all/chemistry_profile PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -