To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. A small circumscribed area distinct from the surrounding surface in character and appearance.
2. A drug delivery system that enhances the uptake of a medicine through the skin.
3. Any substance or object used to repair a defect in the body.
4. A protective bandage, as for covering an eye.
To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in., adj.
5. A sensor applied to the body and used to measure one of its functions.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Patch." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742225/all/patch.
Patch. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742225/all/patch. Accessed May 28, 2023.
Patch. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742225/all/patch
Patch [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 May 28]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742225/all/patch.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - patch ID - 742225 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742225/all/patch PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -