To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. maturatio, ripening]
1. Maturing; ripening, as a graafian follicle.
3. The process in the development of germ cells (spermatozoa and ova) occurring in spermatogenesis or oogenesis in which the number of chromosomes is reduced from the diploid number to the haploid number (one half of diploid). This process includes two cell divisions.
SEE: oogenesis; SEE: spermatogenesis
4. The completion of the mineralization pattern or crystalline structure of calcified tissues.
5. In development of an organism, the movement toward or achievement of adulthood.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Maturation." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742592/all/affinity_maturation.
Maturation. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742592/all/affinity_maturation. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Maturation. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742592/all/affinity_maturation
Maturation [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742592/all/affinity_maturation.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - maturation ID - 742592 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/742592/all/affinity_maturation PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -