is a topic covered in the Taber's Medical Dictionary
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Nursing Central is the award-winning, complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the database with 5,000+ drugs or refer to 65,000+ dictionary terms. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
[L. habitus, state, style ]
1. A motor pattern executed with facility following constant or frequent repetition; an act performed at first in a voluntary manner but after sufficient repetition as a reflex action. Habits result from the passing of impulses through a particular set of neurons and synapses many times.
2. A particular type of dress or garb.
3. Mental or moral constitution or disposition.
4. Bodily appearance or constitution, esp. as related to a disease or predisposition to a disease.
SYN: SEE: habitus
5. Addiction to the use of drugs or alcohol.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Venes, Donald, editor. "Habit." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 23rd ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2017. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747455/all/chorea_habit.
Habit. In: Venes D, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. 23rd ed. F.A. Davis Company; 2017. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747455/all/chorea_habit. Accessed October 23, 2019.
Habit. (2017). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary. Available from https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747455/all/chorea_habit
Habit [Internet]. In: Venes D, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2017. [cited 2019 October 23]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747455/all/chorea_habit.
TY - ELEC
T1 - habit
ID - 747455
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747455/all/chorea_habit
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 23
DB - Nursing Central
DP - Unbound Medicine