[L. elevare, to lift up]
1. A curved retractor for holding the lid away from the globe of the eye.
2. A retractor for raising depressed bones by levers or screws.
3. Instrument used for soft tissue; e.g., periosteal elevator.
4. An instrument of varying design for extracting teeth or removing root or bone fragments.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Elevator." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747609/all/elevator.
Elevator. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747609/all/elevator. Accessed May 28, 2023.
Elevator. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747609/all/elevator
Elevator [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 May 28]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747609/all/elevator.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - elevator ID - 747609 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/747609/all/elevator PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -