To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. In geography, an open expanse of land.
2. In the arts and sciences, a discipline or an area of study.
3. In physics, a region of space in which a given force operates or a given condition exists.
4. In experimental situations, a place of natural conditions, as opposed to a controlled environment, such as a laboratory or a hospital.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Field." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/749276/all/field.
Field. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/749276/all/field. Accessed June 2, 2023.
Field. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/749276/all/field
Field [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 02]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/749276/all/field.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - field ID - 749276 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/749276/all/field PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -