To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[Fr. recoverer fr. L. recuperare, to regain]
1. The process or act of becoming well or returning to a state of health.
2. Compensation awarded by a court to the party that prevailed in a lawsuit.
3. Emergence from anesthesia.
4. In sports medicine, the return to baseline metabolic functioning after exercising.
5. The return of someone with mental illness (or drug dependence) to a healthful, safe, and stable relationship with him- or herself and/or the community.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Recovery." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/755120/all/recovery.
Recovery. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/755120/all/recovery. Accessed June 5, 2023.
Recovery. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/755120/all/recovery
Recovery [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 05]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/755120/all/recovery.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - recovery ID - 755120 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/755120/all/recovery PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -