To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. fixatio, fixed state]
1. The act of holding or fastening in a rigid position. The act of immobilizing or making rigid.
2. Rigidity or immobility.
3. A phase of Freudian psychosexual development in which the libido is arrested at an early or presexual level.
4. Staining of microscopic specimens for examination.
5. The process of making a film-recorded image permanent.
6. In population genetics, the complete expression of a mutant allele in a community, the presence of the mutant allele in every member of that community.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Fixation." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/762138/all/fixation.
Fixation. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/762138/all/fixation. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Fixation. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/762138/all/fixation
Fixation [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/762138/all/fixation.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - fixation ID - 762138 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/762138/all/fixation PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -