Bunsen burner


[Robert W. E. von Bunsen, Ger. chemist, 1811-1899]
A gas burner used primarily in laboratories, in which gas and air are mixed in variable concentrations to facilitate combustion. The burner consists of a port that allows main gas flow to enter, a controlling gas valve (needle valve), and a vertical barrel or tube with vents that allow the air flow to be controlled.

Bunsen burner is a sample topic from the Taber's Medical Dictionary.

To view other topics, please or .

Nursing Central is an award-winning, complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the database with 5,000+ drugs or refer to 65,000+ dictionary terms. .