To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. densitas, thickness]
1. The relative weight of a substance compared with a reference standard; a physical parameter of a substance that is equal to its mass per unit volume.
SEE: specific gravity
2. The quality of being dense; a physical parameter of a substance that is equal to its mass per unit volume.
3. The extent of exposure of image receptors; formerly known as the blackness of the metallic silver that was visible in a developed radiographic film image.
4. In digital imaging, density has been replaced by image receptor (IR) exposure.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Density." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Nursing Central, nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768266/0/density.
Density. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768266/0/density. Accessed June 5, 2023.
Density. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768266/0/density
Density [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 05]. Available from: https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768266/0/density.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - density ID - 768266 ED - Venes,Donald, BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary UR - https://nursing.unboundmedicine.com/nursingcentral/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768266/0/density PB - F.A. Davis Company ET - 24 DB - Nursing Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -